Via Getty Images
In the first edition of the Top-15 trade board, we look at some NHLers ranked from one to 15 on the probability of them being traded at the time of the article.
We take into consideration information we’ve heard, the position of the teams they play for, and the contracts the players are signed for.
– Jakob Chychrun has been in the trade mill for a while, and now that he’s fresh off an injury, the talks will once again ramp up
– Kasperi Kapanen has been a healthy scratch for the past few games for the Penguins, it looks as if he will draw back into the lineup on 11/29 against the Carolina Hurricanes
– Anthony Duclair comes into the list due to the cap situation of the Florida Panthers, him returning from injury, and trading him seems to be the easiest route to take
– Mike Reilly may get dumped by Boston due to the Bruins’ defensive log jam and cap situation. He’s been waived multiple times this year already
– The emergence of Akira Schmid and Vitek Vanacek for the New Jersey Devils has made Mackenzie Blackwood expendable. His poor performance and a need for a change of scenery with all of the off-ice issues the past two years makes Blackwood an option for teams looking to take a chance on a younger goaltender
– Andrei Kuzmenko is an underrated trade-bait player, but he’s had a successful season in Vancouver. Being an unrestricted free agent at year’s end, any team will be salivating at the chance to add a talented winger with such a low cap hit